Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A complete collapse of hope and desire. That is what Russell Arben Fox is facing.

His essay has stimulated some very interesting comments and reflections.

I think that the Lord does not value us more when we are unbruised. All the guarantees of hope and blessings in the scriptures (I searched for them frantically, looking for a promise that things would be okay) concern the next life. For this life, he promises that he will always be with us, but not that our loves, our hopes, our families, our futures, or our self-conceptions will be. There is no terra firma, but just as surely, there is still the Lord.
Is one of them.

Read the comments and reflect.



One thing that really struck me as I was reading his post and going over my old on-line journal I kept at http://adrr.com/living/journal.htm is just how many typos I had in my writing then.

Some day I need to go back and clean up all the things I wrote to edit and clarify and remove the mistakes.

Which reminds me of Carol Lynn Pearson and a part of My Turn on Earth [the musical, not the song] where she implies that editing and clarifying is part of what God does for us after everything else, to give us meaning and perfection.

The play shares so much hope.

If you have any hope to share, please drop by the discussion about Fox's decision to stop blogging as he tries to salvage his life and share it with him.

[link]

2 comments:

Tigersue said...

Yes I would be interested in exchanging links. I have enjoyed your blog very much. I love good thoughtful gospel discussion.

Anonymous said...

I don't have anything to add to that discussion--it helped me to read it though =)