Sunday, September 24, 2006

Changing my mind

One of the things I do at work, that people I work with value, is I change my mind.

I will look at things and go, "hmm, this changes what I was thinking."

I hadn't even realized that others noticed until I was in a meeting Thursday with some people I work with, and one pointed out that my ability to change my mind, and to be honest about it, was something that made me valuable to work with.

I've been thinking about that since.




BTW, I'll be going on vacation at the end of the week. My parents move into town, actually move into our house while work and clean-up on their house continues, and we go on vacation.

I keep feeling like I need to post a caveat or something "just because the house is full of people, it doesn't mean we are home ..." We keep having friends borrow the house, and now we will have family here.

But, we will get to see Heather. Not sure what else, would like to take my nephew Darrell and his wife and child out to dinner while we are visiting. Will see what works out. I admire them.

At least I did. I reserve the right to change my mind. (That is a reprise on the post theme and a joke, the more I see of the kid the more I admire he and his wife).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great vacation!

Maybe it's your ability to change your mind that flows over into helping me reexamine mine...

C. L. Hanson said...

It's a little tiny thing, but IMHO it's a great virtue to have the humility to reassess one's position when presented with new information.

I do my best to try to have this virtue as well. :D

I hope you have a great vacation!!!

annegb said...

In Al-Anon, we have a saying, "God allows U-Turns."

Tigersue said...

It is easy to change an opinion when well thought out and respectful views are shared. To be openminded is a great gift. By the same token to appreciate an opposing point of view even when you can't change your mind over something so vital to your beliefs is in the same line of thinking. (So I believe.) To respect someone elses belief and right to have those beliefs is a wonderful thing to. I think the ability to have both goes hand in hand. I am sure you are like that.

Eric Nielson said...

I believe this is a sign of self confidence.