Thursday, February 28, 2008

Strange confessions

Everyone gets told secrets of one kind or another. You do, your wife does, my kids do, but how in the world did I ever end up with the secrets people confide in me to ask for advice?

I keep getting people at Church asking me if it is ok if they vote for a Democrat for President. Err, they just gave a sermon on it saying that there are good people in both parties and that the Church wasn't going to endorse anyone.

But why me? I'm the guy in the dark suit, white shirt and tie, sitting quietly. Of all the secrets that people want to confess and want me to give them absolution for, how did this end up to be the one I attract?

Ah well. It could be worse. It could be the sorts of secrets that you wish you had never heard and can't forget. I'm lucky no one leaves me with such a burden. This one just perplexes me.