Saturday, September 13, 2008

Two political stories that irritate me

The first is the old "Obama is Muslim."

The second is "McCain crashed five air force jets."

The first has finally been completely debunked (I hope).

As for the second, (a) it is "Air Force" (with capital letters); (b) McCain was in the Navy, and (c) it isn't true anyway. The real slur there is the thought that the Air Force would let a Naval Aviator crash five of its planes ...

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_mccain_crash_five_planes.html

BTW, my mother wants to vote for Obama and Palin.

Which of the current political stories irritate you?



I'm still trying to make up my mind on which of the Biden stories I like least.

Currently, on Palin, it has to be the Bush Doctrine thing, especially after reading Charles Krauthammer, the person who came up with the term and who is the "authority" on "the Bush doctrine" on the topic.

The Times got it wrong. And Charlie Gibson got it wrong.
and
Yes, Palin didn't know what it is. But neither does Gibson. And at least she didn't pretend to know -- while he looked down his nose and over his glasses with weary disdain, "sounding like an impatient teacher," as the Times noted. In doing so, he captured perfectly the establishment snobbery and intellectual condescension that has characterized the chattering classes' reaction to the phenom who presumes to play on their stage.

3 comments:

ariel said...

My coworkers all believe (despite my best efforts) that Obama said in his book that he would convert to Islam "should political winds change."

Stephen said...

ariel -- darn! That sort of thing really perturbs me.

mfranti said...

i with ya!