Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why some ideas thrive, some die

A friend of mine who is an emeritus professor at Berkeley at a New York Times best seller author had read and commented positively on a book about ideas. I put it on the list of things that some day I'd like to pay attention to. Then I got a review copy.

I'm not finished, I had to take a break and buy copies for a couple of friends, then go to a closing on selling my house and the follow-up closing on the house we are buying. Heather was home for the weekend (to see the house -- I had planned on blogging about how wonderful she is, then found out she knows people who read my blog, so I'm not going to embarrass her by writing in public about how much her mother and I are so really pleased with her) and Rachel was sick (antibiotics seem to have solved that).

But the book is incredible. Even better, it has free, great on-line resources (http://madetostick.com/resources/) and some interesting comments on Amazon.com

Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die by Chip Heath and Dan Heath (Hardcover - Jan 2, 2007)
Buy new: $25.00 $15.75
106 Used & new from $12.65
In Stock
Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
4.6 out of 5 stars (246)
Other Editions: Kindle Edition, Paperback, Audio Download, Audio CD

If you've ever wondered why some ideas thrive and spread and some just do not get anywhere, this book is for you. Even more so if you have an idea you want to have spread and thrive.