Sunday, September 18, 2011

Books I'm looking forward to

I've been listening to the podcasts from Writing Excuses.  First I got the first three seasons on CD.  Now I have the five season DVD to listen to.  But it has made me appreciate some books more and some authors a lot more.


The Alloy of Law: A Mistborn novel..

Yes, I'm really looking forward to it.  Have already read the on-line chapters, and the cover is close to perfect.  http://apostephen.blogspot.com/2011/09/thud-and-blunder-revisited.html had it partially in mind when I chose the video clip for the post.



Echoes of Betrayal: Paladin's... (Hardcover) by Elizabeth Moon

My wife and I both have really enjoyed this series (back from the first three novels, many, many years ago) and we are looking forward to the next book.


And maybe ...


Honor's Paradox (Kencyrath 6) (Paperback) by P.C. Hodgell

This series has been as drawn out and as long as Jack Vance's Demon Princes novels.  I'm a completest though.

Anyone have a novel that is coming that they are really looking forward to?

Otherwise, as soon as I get a new phone, I'm getting the best available app ;)

http://www.plus14.com/iphone/schlock-mercenary/

3 comments:

proud daugher of eve said...

I'm looking forward to reading Jane Yolen's "The Last Dragon" graphic novel. I just got it but it's supposed to be a Christmas present so I'm going to savour the anticipation. It's not often anymore that I have books I really look forward to. Thanks for mentioning the new Mistborn book. I shall look forward to that! I am also looking forward to "Monsters and Mormons."

Stephen said...

Yolan has written some neat stuff, ever since Sister Light, Sister Dark.

I'll have to look at the graphic novel.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Dragon-Jane-Yolen/dp/1595827986/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316399694&sr=1-1

Thanks for the heads up.

proud daugher of eve said...

You know "Sister Light, Sister Dark?!" Consider yourself awesome. :D I really recommend a couple of older books, "The Hero and The Crown" and "The Blue Sword," by Robin Mckinley.