Friday, September 21, 2012

My not quite absence from the Bloggernacle

Some of you are a part of the Boggernacle and you may have noticed I'm not commenting as much as I used to.

 Part of that is because things have been very busy. But part of that is that my handle and my e-mail address trigger spam filters all over.

Thanks to some people at FMH, I discovered why. Someone has been, err, "kind enough" to post for me, using terms and links that generate spam filter captures (when I've been lucky) or intervention by moderators.

As a result, both my handle/name and my e-mail address have become linked in filters.

 I've done two things.

First, come up with a different e-mail address and dropped my handle.

Second, I have somewhat decided to stop posting, at least for a while, at sites that do not require validation of ID -- something I rather dislike (it is just one more hurdle for posting). But I'm not fond of finding out that my name has become linked with racist slurs and foul, Joycian, language.

Also, I have been doing is linking to posts I really like in my facebook account. Posts such as http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/2012/09/bmgd-37-3-nephi-8-11/ which give me a replacement for the Sunday School lessons I miss due to my calling I've been calling out in gratitude weekly.

I'm still working on what to do next. But if you've missed me, don't assume RAEBNC applies -- I'm just not getting through -- and it is not your fault. You didn't cause it, you don't control it, and I'm not sure there is anything I can do about the troll I offended.

At least it gives me more time to walk the dog. ;)

1 comment:

Mormon Heretic said...

Sorry to hear that Steve. That's a shame. (While I understand the need to do this, I really hate captcha, because I usually can't read them either, and have to cycle through 5 or 6 before it becomes readable for me.)